if you have an issue with indigenous people hunting as a way of life/surviving/maintaining their cultures, you don’t understand shit about how colonialism and capitalism work to erase indigenous people and their cultures by turning hunting/killing into a sport rather than a means of survival or a cultural practice.
hunting is not inherently wrong and if you think so you’re probably a white vegan with minimal understanding of anything but the militant vegan agenda
What's so bad about periods
- Blood comes out of your vagina for anywhere from 3-7 days
- That blood you lose can be around 4 tablespoons to a cup
- a cup of blood, vaginal mucus, and endometrial tissue
- You get cramps that will make you cry. You can vomit and/or pass out from them
- You will get horrible mood swings
- You get headaches
- Your breasts hurt so bad sometimes you can’t even touch them
- You get acne everywhere
- Your actual vagina could be sore
- Your feel constantly tired
- You have a constant fear of soaking through your pad/tampon
- You can’t lay a certain way in bed
- You take pill after pill and it still doesn’t help
- You bloat and gain weight
- You might have anemia (iron deficiency) which can not clot your blood causing so much blood loss it’ll be deadly
- You never feel full
- Everything irritates you
- You will cry a lot
- Once you get up in the morning, your center of gravity has shifted and all the blood settling in you during the night will now rush out of you causing you to clench your legs tightly to avoid leaking
- You get made fun of for having a period ?////?/?/
- You’re forced to go to school/work
- You get told that you’re overreacting
but ya know, fixing your dick discreetly in public is bad too
[Translation : “I’m not racist but Miss France competition should be only for white women, it seems logical actually” “In terms of beauty, sorry but blacks don’t come close to whites.” “Blacks all look the same, it’s disturbing”]
I guess it was predictable.
Yesterday, Flora Coquerel won the Miss France competition. And now, racist comments. DUMB racist comments.
First, the second most-researched terms when you type her name is “origins” : well, her family is Guadelupiean. So pretty French. And even if her parents were from foreign countries, who cares ?
And now, tweets about how blacks should be banished from the competition… Are you serious ? I hate people, sometimes.
Laquisha originates in ‘Lakeisha’, a Swahili name meaning ‘favourite’. The popularity of Laquisha originates in the French influence on black people in America, where the ‘La-’ naming prefix became popularized among freed black slaves.
So how do you spend enough years on this planet to think African names are a bad idea to give to a child, but never consider why?
but also the idea that we need to validate Black American names with African-ness is ugh. Africa is valid cuz folks acknowledge there is a culture there. Black America is not valid cuz no one wants to acknowledge that we have a specific culture too. & sometimes that culture does NOT have a direct link to Africa *audible gasp*
^^ and also god forbid black folks try to create something after having everything snatched away
(Source: twitterscreencaps, via mexicatiahui)
Ever notice how…
When POC bring up the lack of diversity in Disney movies, white fans always come back with, “Kids don’t even notice/care about race!”
Really? Because I’m fairly sure that most children of color are made acutely aware of their race, first experiences with racism are almost always at the hands of their white peers. There’s little doubt that the two are related.
"Oppressed groups are frequently placed in the situation of being listened to only if we frame our ideas in the language that is familiar to and comfortable for a dominant group. This requirement often changes the meaning of our ideas and works to elevate the ideas of dominant groups."
"One should always be drunk. That’s all that matters… But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you choose. But get drunk."